Monday, May 23, 2005

Sakura

Hmn.

Well, I've had a thing about Sakura for a while; something to do with the whole longing-for-spring thing I go through every winter. The first plum and early cherry blossom always gives me that kick to get through to the light evenings. I ususally have a postcard of blossom branches against a shinto temple stuck to my monitor at work, just to remind me.

So anyway, during a long conversation about tattoos yesterday, it occured to me that maybe, just maybe, a traditional sakura design would be a good thing. Not, I hasten to add, that I'm actually going to get a tattoo - I am almost entirely certain that I can take neither the pain nor the possibly resulting parental opprobium - but the idea is interesting.

I've yet to find a good source image of ukiyo-e style cherry blossom that matches up to the idea of the design in my head; or at least, enough so to be adapted. It's going to involve a trip to the V&A to photograph a Kimono I rembember from a visit a long time ago.

But I have found this, which I believe would make the most fantastic wallpaper...
It's available to buy, too...

1 comment:

kim said...

Hey, Brian :-) - which links? All on this post seem to be working fine for me??