Thursday, March 06, 2008

Keep Calm and Carry On


Keep Calm and Carry On
Originally uploaded by I like
I have a copy of the iconic 'Keep Calm and Carry On' poster framed on my wall at home. I found it via a post on flickr, and bought it over the internet from Barter Books Gift Shop a couple of years ago.

I find it slightly sad that other places are now taking much of the credit (and presumably the income) for its rediscovery. You can't stop things going viral, I suppose. At least Barter books link to some proper contextual academic information.

Can I suggest buying from Barter Books, and thus support 'the British Library of second hand bookshops'? I'd also point out that a poster from Barter Books is a LOT cheaper than some of the other options...

1 comment:

amy said...

Not sure if you've ever heard of Etsy.com (place to buy and sell handmade goods), but I come across this all the time there. I have no idea what it means, but it seems to be very popular. There are a ton of shops that carry this phrase on necklaces, prints, t-shirts, notebooks, greeting cards etc. Indeed viral.