I'm in bookmark hell. I've got two browsers on my work machine, a roaming profile that doesn't update properly, a del.icio.us account, a computer at home with two profiles on it, two CDs with my favourites saved on them, and a backup on a harddrive somewhere; and I'm bored, bored, bored of never having my bookmarks organised properly.
Can someone write a beautiful browser plugin that allows me to...
- Bookmark webpages with tags, like del.icio.us does
- Treat my 'bunch of tagged links' as a time-based linkstream
- Publish a tasty RSS file I can plug into my blog
- Also treat my 'b.o.t.l' as a set of folders, layed out visually, so I can find stuff easily
- Make sure that if a link in the b.o.t.l has more than one tag, it appears in more than one folder
- ... but makes sure links are always kept up to date if I change the URL it points to
- Allows my browsers-plural, of both MSIE and Firefox flavours, to access my b.o.t.l's and display them as if they were my bookmarks/favourites
- Automatically adds links I bookmark/favourite-ize to the b.o.t.l's on the server, and give me the option to tag them like wot I do in del.icio.us
- Synchronise with del.icio.us and bloglines, in a live bookmarks sort of a way.
Please. Before I go mad.