Thursday, October 20, 2005

How not to answer queries from sophisticated users

Sometimes, sending stuff through your marketing and publicity department is a very, very bad idea.

Particularly when the thing in question is a set of questions for your developers about the mechanics and difficulties of making a huge MMORPG.

And very particularly when the questions are posed by slashdot.

I find it utterly, utterly extraordinary that companies still think that sanitising responses into blandness is any kind of way to treat their customers. (Who, of course, pay the wages of everyone working in the company. Including the marketing muppets.)

But I guess that I'm unusual, in that I'm one of the crazy young internet things who are so awkward and don't behave the way marketeers think I ought. Or something.

No comments: