Tuesday, March 30, 2004

London Director system exchange names

Or, in less geeky speak - the original text messaging!
London Director system exchange names

My mother still has the occasional slip and refers to london numbers as Archway blah-blah-blah-blah. Which is charming (as is her habit of occasionally converting prices into pounds, shilling and pence without seeming to actually think about it).

I'm gutted to discover that my old phone number still had it's proper code

(Peckham 7762, please, operator!) whereas I'm now in some pseudo-exchange. Stonegrove, in Edgeware? Pah.

All you geowonks, take note - better make sure you've got enough space in your FOAF and GeoURL codes to write smart names into the data.

1 comment:

RWH said...

My telephone pages have been through two changes of home since Kim wrote that post. The London page is now here.