Monday, February 13, 2006

21st Century Folktales: Games, Worlds, Stories - Presentation for BBC Writer's Room

So, about a month ago, I gave a talk about games. It was scary, but I got some nice feedback from the people involved.

I talked about the way that stories intersect with play, and how moving around in a virtual space is a bit like writing a character biography. I also pointed at some technological changes that might blurr even further the intersection between 'game' and 'real' worlds.

It's kind of a basic presentation, as it was written for a non-expert audience. But have a look and tell me what you think.
mildlydiverting.com - 21st Century Folktales: Games, Worlds, Stories - Presentation for BBC Writer's Room

Also, if you can work out how I've managed to break my CSS in firefox, I'd love to know.

1 comment:

Jon K said...

Nice presentation. I had no idea they broke the immersion like that at the end of the Matrix game - horrible!!